Monday

The New Housewife


My wife's out of town on business for a few months. She does that a lot. I'm a work-from-home writer, so I usually end up doing all the cooking and cleaning while she's gone.

I didn't mind at first, but after a while it got really old and tedious. I don't know how she does it. She seems to actually enjoy all the cooking and cleaning, doing laundry, taking care of the house... After a while, I started hating it.

Then one day, while researching something for my next book, I came across a wishing spell online. You're supposed to read it out loud, say your wish, and watch it come true. I, of course, didn't believe it was real, but I tried it just for fun. I said, "I wish I enjoyed being a housewife as much as my wife does."

Nothing happened, at first. I had already moved on and started checking my Facebook page when all of the sudden, I noticed my hair was getting really, really long... and my hands started changing, my arms and legs... my  waists, my thighs, my chest. Oh my god, all of the sudden I had large breasts on my chest! I felt something moving in my pants. But by the time I reached down to look, it was already gone.

I jumped out of my chair and ran to the nearest mirror. I couldn't believe my eyes. I went back to the website and wished to be changed back. But it never happened. I guess you only get one wish.

Anyway, I really enjoy house cleaning now. All my wife's clothes fit me really well, too. Only problem is, I have no idea what to tell her when she gets back.